Health & Safety at The Fox Hole
COVID-19 protocols to help stop the spread
Creating great experiences is our passion. That will never change at The Fox Hole, but as we reopen our doors we've made a few changes to how we do things to help keep us all safe too. Before we welcome you back, here are some things you might like to be aware of.
Making your reservation
If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms or think you may have been exposed to the virus within the previous 14 days, we politely ask you to reschedule your visit. Please seek medical advice and refer to government guidance with regard to self-isolation.
For pre-paid and pre-booked experiences (including Gin & Tea), we ask for at least 7 days' notice of needing to reschedule.
If your need to reschedule is due to isolation, close contact or other government regulation - we can often waive a late reschedule fee - please contact us to discuss options. For all other reschedules within 7 days, a $20 per person late reschedule fee may be applied.
We understand that this notice period is not always possible, so in some circumstances we may be able to waive the fee (in order to do this, we may ask you for evidence of the reasons for reschedule).
When you arrive
- You might have already guessed that we won't be allowing as many customers as usual into the venue. Although the government has removed all limits on capacity, we are mostly still complying with the 1 person per 2sqm rule so that you have lots of space when you arrive.
- To avoid crowds, we've also ensured staggered arrival times for different bookings. With this in mind, we ask that our customers do their best to arrive on time as much as possible, no earlier than ten minutes before your booking.
- We've provided hand sanitiser at the main entrance, so please help yourself.
- Some of our front of house team may be wearing face coverings when providing table and bar service. If you need to see the mouth of a staff member so that you may understand and communicate with them, please let us know and we would be happy to assist.
During your visit
- Depending on which service you are joining us for there will be different menu options. Some menu covers are sanitised between users or will otherwise be disposable.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned thoroughly with sanitiser between each use.
- Extra sanitising points are installed so our staff can clean their hands more frequently.
- We encourage customers to pay with contactless methods where possible.
- We have improved ventilation in our venue, with open windows and doors.
- High touch points, including hand rails, door knobs and customer toilets, will be sanitised frequently throughout the day.
- Staff who show any Covid-19 symptoms will be sent home and asked to test/isolate to follow the government guidelines.
- All staff have undertaken training related to hygiene standards and Covid-19 related safety measures as set out in our Covid Safe Plan.
- Staff briefings will cover safety updates.
- New delivery procedures are implemented to keep our team and suppliers safe.